Have you ever wondered if freediving and spearfishing are as peaceful as they seem? My guest today describes them as transcendent. Born and raised in Hawaii, Kimi Werner is a chef, an award-winning artist, motivational speaker, a U.S. National Spearfishing Champion, and most recently, a new mother. Join us for a conversation about life as a new mother, freediving, spearfishing, and hunting.
Listen in to hear why Kimi Werner is one of the most inspiring people I have ever met.
Outline of this episode
- [2:55] Started diving at a young age
- [6:00] Hunting deer
- [12:30] shooting underwater
- [13:33] Is the appeal of hunting similar to that of spearfishing
- [18:02] The day that changed her life
- [27:22] Why she quit competing
- [35:39] What makes a good dive partner
- [40:39] The shark
- [46:55] The word huntress
- [49:00] Motherhood
Check out our sponsor