Show Notes: wetflyswing.com/243Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Brian Chan is on the show today to share his story and some huge tips on fly fishing trout lakes. We find out how he ended up with a tech. Job that got his foot in the door. We also find out how Kamloops has changed since my dad started fishing the area in the 1960’s.
Brian is a Stillwater guru and has been teaching and sharing his wisdom for many years now. He started in Kamloops in 1974. We find out what fishing naked is about and when you’ll want to implement the slow hand twitch retrieve.
Show Notes with Brian Chan
– Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC turned into a good thing for the lakes of BC and is a good place to start your trip
– Stillwater BC Facebook group is a great resource to dig in further.
– The Casting Loops Fly Shop in the valley view area of Kamloops,
– Phil Rowley was on in episode 34 as well as Denny Rickards
– GoFishBC.com to find stocking rates so you can identify a quality lakes. Make not of the lakes that are stocked very lightly with triploid trout.
– Morris and Chan and their Fly Fishing Trout Lakes book.
– The quick release indicator and StillwaterFlyFishingStore.com
– Jack Shaw had two huge books in the 1970’s. Jack Shaw is the guy who pioneered chironomid fishing and was Brian’s big mentor.
– FlyGuys.net in kamloops
– The Blob pattern
– Denny Rickards was on the podcast here
– The Stillwater app is a great resource for all anglers.
– The chironomids masterclass with April Volkey
– Sport Fishing on the Fly TV Show
You can find Brian at RiseformFlyFishing.com
Conclusion with Brian Chan
Brian Chan brings the good stuff today as he breaks down the history of the great Kamloops area and some tips on getting started with your first trip. We find out how the interior was opened up from the new Canada highway.
Show Notes: wetflyswing.com/243book on the market.