Show Notes: wetflyswing.com/240Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Clay Groves, the chief fishing nerd shares the step x step to massive success on the ice. Clay is the founder of the Fish Nerds Podcast and one of the good guys in the fishing podcast space.
Clay is one of the longest running fishing podcasts on the planet and today we also get a little taste of what the fish nerds is all about and how it started by them first catching and eating every fish in New Hamshire.
Show Notes with Clay Groves
– I was on the fish nerds podcast in episode 206 here.
– We talk about ice fishing for brook trout and how the broom
– I noted the euro nymphing article that I wrote at the wet fly swing blog. We note that hot spots work great for ice.
– Ice fishing gear – auger with drill
– The mop fly
– The hummingbird sonar to help find fish.
– The mr heater and a clam tent can get you out of the weather.
– Clay loves his insulted Muck Boots
– Check out Facebook groups for ice junkies and other groups.
– The Alaska Burbot fish is the only freshwater fish that goes through estevation
– the tin fish challenge
– John Gierach was on the wet fly swing podcast and described the crashing plane and he was on the fish nerds podcast.
– The mystery box sex show
You can find guest Clay @ fishnerds.com
Ice Fishing Conclusion with Clay Groves
Ice Fishing guide and Chief Executive Fish Nerds, Clay Groves shares the tips to get out ice fishing this season even if you are brand new to the ice. We find out how to use flies and a fly rod to chase brook trout under the ice.
Clay also breaks down the gear you need to get started including the right sonar and auger to do it. We hear some great ice fishing stories including the motor cross that jumped in around Clay while fishing.
Show Notes: wetflyswing.com/240