Sponsor: Stonefly Nets: wetflyswing.com/237
Mario Guel, head man behind Taco Fly Co is here to shed light on how Taco Fly Co came to be and the similarities between tacos, skate boarding and fly fishing. Mario also walks us through some tips on nymphing for steelhead on the Trinity River.
We hear about he Jaydacator and why it’s the best indicator to let you know when you have a proper float. We dig into the terminal tackle and why you gotta go with a rubber legs. Did I say I love skateboarding? So, enjoy the videos below.
Show Notes with Mario Guel
– Mario was on the Barbless Podcast here
– Herb at the Trinity Fly Shop is a great resource for flies and tips.
– Sex, Death and Fly fishing by John Gierach
– John Gierach was on the podcast in episode 47
– The Jaydacator is a killer indicator and something that you should pick up
– The Anchor Up and Chill Podcast is Mario’s way to connect to a more diverse crowd.
– Here is the Tall Can san jose skate boarding Video created by mario.
– Eeland Stribling was on Taco podcast in episode #2.
– FFBI guy puts together fly fishing memes.
– The Redington video by Eeland Stribling.
– The Nine Club Podcast is a great show. Here’s the Tony Hawk interview.
– Pro Lock oars is what Mario works
– Mario loves Troutbitten and was on the podcast here.
– The Trinity Fly Shop and Herb has good nymphs
– The Green Diablo
You can find Mario at TacoFlyCo.com
Nymphing for Steelhead Conclusion with Mario Guel
Mario Guel is here from Taco Fly Co who breaks down some tips on nymphing for Steelhead. Mario loves tacos, skate boarding and fly fishing and today we find out all of the similarities between the three.