Show Notes: wetflyswing.com/235Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Jason Miller, the Freestyle Tyer on Instagram is here to break down tying spey and dee flies and his love for steelhead. We find out how to connect to some of the great companies that can help you elevate your tying game.
Jason walks us through tying his freestyle spey and dee flies and the materials and dying styles that he uses in classic salmon flies and full dressed atlantic salmon flies. We walk through a number of amazing free style spey flies tied by Jason.
Spey Fly Show Notes with Jason Miller
– The almost 2 hour video with Jason on the Dee fly
– Dec and Marty’s book: Steelhead Fly Tying Art and Design
– Shewey’s classic book: Classic Steelhead Flies
– Bob Vaverka’s book: Spey Flies and How to Tie them
– Feathers, Flies and Phantoms website
– Dave McNeese was on the podcast in episode 155 and is working on a Sid Glass book
– Joseph Rosano was one in episode 136 and talked about the NW A. Salmon fly guild.
– Lagarten is a great fly tying material company.
– Mar 5th instagram post fly: Top is Caren fly true spey and the other is true spey pattern.
– Dave McNeese Blue Heron Spey Hooks via Royal Treatment Fly Shop
The open loop knot or open clinch knot video here.
– The Purple King was the last steelhead fly
– Feb 16 on the Freestyle Tyer Instagram page using Lagartun.
– Dying with Mcneese
– Michael Radencich – Tying the Classic Salmon Fly: A Modern Approach to Traditional Techniques covers dying feathers in Chapter 6.
– March 30 insta fly based on a Childers fly
– Jock Scott was a huge influencer in the spey tying and fishing space.
– Spey Tyer Facebook group
You can find Jason on Instagram at FreeStyle 42
Spey Fly and Dee Flies Conclusion with Jason Miller
Jason Miller, the Freestyle Tyer 42 on Instagram shares some of his best tips for the spey fly and steelhead tips. We walk through all of his flies on Instagram and talk about how you can up your game this year.
Show Notes: wetflyswing.com/235