Show Notes: wetflyswing.com/229Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Sponsor: Sawyer Oars: wetflyswing.com/sawyer
Sponsor: Stonefly: wetflyswing.com/stonefly
Mike Schultz is on the podcast to share his best smallmouth bass fly fishing tips. Mike now runs Schultz Outfitters, one of the big fly shops near the Heron River. We also dig into some different strategies for different stream flows.
We talk about how to fish with and without a boat with a focus on shallow and crystal clear water for smallies. Mike shares the steps to finding big smallmouth bass in his home waters around Heron Lake.
Smallmouth Bass Fly Fishing Show Notes
– Greg Senyo was on the podcast in episode 176 and talked about steelhead among other things including his connection to Schultz Outfitters.
– Jerry Darkes was on the podcast in episode 170 and also talked about steelhead. Jerry noted the smallmouth bass fishery in the midwest as well.
– Beuters Fly Shop
– The hair minnow for low water
– Clackacraft is the boat of choice for Mike.
– Modern Streamers for Trophy Trout was an influential book for Mike.
– How to build a flourocarbon leader
– Modern Swim flies
– The Swinging D is similar to the Game Changer concept
– Enrique Puglisi’s Crustaceous Brush is airy and is great for a wide wounded minnow.
– Flymen came out with the first shanks for Blaine
– G Loomis imx pro one piece rods
– Swinging D 2.0 and Dahlberg frog Pattern
You can find Mike at SchultzOutfitters.com
Smallmouth Bass Fly Fishing Conclusion with my guest
Mike Schultz, the main man behind Schultz Outfitters breaks down smallmouth bass Fly Fishing so you can elevate your game this season. We focus on the midwest and Huron Lake.
Mike describes how he ties each day for the conditions with a focus on swim flies. We find out why he loves the game changer, swinging D and Dalhberg frog patterns throughout the year.
Show Notes: wetflyswing.com/229