Show Notes: wetflyswing.com/180
I had the pleasure of sitting down with Joe Koffler from Koffler Boats. Joe is the son of Bruce Koffler, and today we hear how Bruce started out after transitioning from an aluminum gutter business into one of the leading aluminum drift boat builders in the business.
I have been using a 17′ Koffler drift boat for a number of years now and love it for the carrying capacity. Joe digs into some tips on taking care of a drift boat including when and what to use to protect the bottom of the drift boat.
Show Notes with Koffler Boats
– I noted the Martin’s Boat interview with Pete McBride. Pete has produced some amazing documentaries for National Geographic and shares the stories here.
– We talked about Willis Boats and Page Stevens
– Woolridge Boats was also one of the leaders. Now Clackacraft and other fiberglass boats out there.
– Woody Hileman was the original design that koffler used
– I noted the old Fish Rite boat and almost swamping the boat.
– The old Helfrich video with the blunt style nose on the first drift boats.
– We note Willis, Alumaweld and others that have been around for the longterm
– WetLander is the new killer bottom coating to protect your boat.
You can find Joe at KofflerBoats.com
Koffler Boats Videos Noted in the Show
Dory Days and a Koffler boat
“When you’re doing big white water, there’s those that have had trouble and those that will.” -Bruce Koffler
Koffler Boats Conclusion with Joe Koffler
Joe Koffler is on the podcast today to share the koffler boats story and how they created one of the best aluminum boat companies in the world. Joe shares some tips on taking care of your boat including how to protect the boat.