Hank Shaw is a celebrated chef, author and outdoorsman who runs the award-winning website Hunter Angler Gardener Cook. In this episode of Anchored, Hank and I walk through his timeline, stopping along the way to discuss how we age game-birds, our favourite edible weeds, dandelion wine and more.
This episode of Anchored is brought to you by Great Fishing Adventures of Australia.
Outline of This Episode
- [9:15] Ancillary information makes you a good angler, but also a good hunter
- [15:22] His Master’s in History
- [22:02] Hunting is about more than just the meat
- [34:37] Do you have to let all meat age a while to actually taste it?
- [38:30] His newspaper career taught him restraint
- [45:44] He made the transition to running the website fulltime in 2010
- [51:03] Does he want to take it to the next level?
- [52:55] He is a seasonal eater
- [1:03:33] Dandelion wine is all about the aroma
- [1:12:54] Be a conscious harvester