The Salt Water Angler and Walker Cay Chronicles were two of the most popular shows in the history of fishing. Flip Pallot talks about these shows and his life in fly fishing.
We talk about the Hells Bay Boat that he created which was a first of it’s kind. Flip shares an experience where he survived Huricanne Andrew staying in his house as the storm ripped it away.
The PDX Auto Mart: www.pdxautomart.com/
Wet Fly Swing Members Society: wetflyswing.com/members-society/
Show Notes with Flip Pallott
- Stu Apte had a connection to ABC’s Outdoor American Sportsman program and was a mentor for Flip.
- The Salt Water Angler was another TV show that Flip hosted.
- The Walker’s Cay Chronicles ran for 16 seasons, longer than Seinfeld.
- Lefty Kreh showed up 2 days after Hurricane Andrew to give Flip $25k.
- The Hell’s Bays Boatworks was a breakthrough in boat design during the early days.
- Jim Teeny was on the podcast in this episode 5. Jim talks about why Tarpon was always his favorite species.
- Joe Brooks was a big part of exposing people to fly fishing.
- Flips best patterns for bonefish – The spawning shrimp
- I noted the Davy Wotton episode. Davy is an animal as described by Flip.
- The Rum project with Fricket Reserve Rum
You can reach Flip at FlipPallot.com
Conclusion with Flip Pallot
Flip was part of the early game in salt water fly fishing in South Florida. Flip shares some great stories about his life including how he survived Hurricane Andrew. He describes what the change look liked from bamboo and how he designed one of the most influential boats for salt water.
Show Notes: wetflyswing.com/flip