Over the last few years, a surprising amount of troll accounts have emerged on social media platforms. While some are humorous and light-hearted, others thrive on the mistakes and misfortune of others. In this episode of Anchored, I sit down with the person who runs Copper Plated Sixes, an account that focuses on the fishing and hunting industries. We discuss why he feels the need to run such an account, who’s really behind the posts, where to draw the line and whether or not it’s cowardly to hide behind anonymity.
Outline of this episode
- [1:15] @copper_plated_sixes believes he’s not a troll
- [9:40] One pet peeve he has is using sex to sell fishing
- [12:20] Hunting is also portrayed poorly online
- [20:22] He focuses on influencers
- [26:10] Do the actions of troll accounts fuel hatred and discord?
- [30:22] What can come of a large following?
- [32:12] Why is he so passionate about women showing skin?
- [38:42] What comes from all this negativity?
- [46:55] He knows that conversation can spur great change
Check out our sponsor